Seeking: Global Change Makers
Are you ‘ambitious, creative and globally minded’?
Can you see yourself in a leadership position, ready to ‘navigate complex policy problems while driving positive global change’?
Aimed at those who are and do, the Admissions Committee at UBC’s new Master of Public Policy and Global Affairs (MPPGA) program announced its newly minted 20-month professional program, set to launch in September 2015.
Not your usual program, the MPPGA program targets “those who are prepared to become global policy leaders with a broad mindset, multiple tools and cross-Pacific human networks enabling you to make a difference in addressing complex global issues”.
The program is selective about who is a strong candidate — course applicants must demonstrate their “commitment and preparedness” to the Admissions Committee.
In return, those selected will go on to ‘gain multi and trans-disciplinary analytical and creative design skills, strengths in development, sustainability, and global governance, and an informed perspective on pressing global challenges, including a lens on cross-Pacific dynamics’.
Read more aboutStudent Learning
Read more Student Learning stories:
- Speak Up, Stand Out
- Webby Worthy
- Immerse, Learn, Reflect
- The Pharma Is In
- Telling the Untold Story
- Fold, Spindle, Mutate
- Bita Imam, Student Extraordinaire
- New Leaders, Better Futures
- Transatlantic Engineering
- UBC and the Special Olympics
- Top Researchers Recognized: UBC’s Young Researchers Shine
- Wade Davis: Between Two Worlds
- Plugging Into Technology, Teaching and the Future
- A Strong Start
- A New Beginning
- Big Mind on Campus
- Scholars In Track Shoes
- UBC Okanagan Votes In Favour of New Library and Learning Space
- Polar Bear Swim Brings Out UBC Spirit
- Sauder Degree Doubles Down
- New Rhodes Scholar Packs For Oxford
- Cristiano Ronaldo Joins the Class
- An Extrudingly Good Idea
- Framing the Future
- A Rural Cure